- Hyein Hwang Universität Hamburg ,
- Vandana Tiwari European XFEL ,
- Hong-Guang Duan Ningbo University ,
- Simon F. Bittmann Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter ,
- Friedjof Tellkamp Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter ,
- Ajay Jha Rosalind Franklin Institute ,
- R. J. Dwayne Miller University of Toronto
Thin single organic crystals (≤1 μm) with large area (≥100 × 100 μm2) are desirable to explore their photoinduced processes using transmission-based ultrafast spectroscopy and electron-diffraction techniques. Here we present a method to grow thin large area single crystals of a prototypical proton transfer system, 1,5-dihydroxyanthraquinone. As a proof of concept, we perform optical measurements on as-grown samples and recorded the data in transmission mode.