- Daisuke Sakamaki Osaka Prefecture University ,
- Shunya Tanaka Osaka Prefecture University ,
- Katsuki Tanaka Osaka Prefecture University ,
- Mayu Takino Osaka Prefecture University ,
- Masayuki Gon Kyoto University ,
- Kazuo Tanaka Kyoto University ,
- Takashi Hirose Kyoto University & Japan Science and Technology Agency ,
- Daichi Hirobe Institute for Molecular Science & The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, SOKENDAI & Japan Science and Technology Agency ,
- Hiroshi M. Yamamoto Institute for Molecular Science & The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, SOKENDAI ,
- Hideki Fujiwara Osaka Prefecture University
Heterohelicenes are potential materials in molecular electronics and optics because of their inherent chirality and various electronic properties originating from the introduced heteroatoms. In this work, we comprehensively investigated two kinds of double NO-heterohelicenes composed of 12H-benzo[b]phenoxazine (BPO) and 13H-dibenzo[b,i]phenoxazine (DBPO). These helicenes exhibit good electron donor property reflecting the electron-rich character of their monomers and were demonstrated to work as p-type semiconductors. The enantiomers of these helicenes show the largest class of dissymmetry factors for circularly polarized luminescence (CPL) (|gCPL| > 10−2) among the previously reported helicenes. Interestingly, the signs of CPL are opposite between BPO- and DBPO-double helicenes of the same helicity. The origin of the large gCPL values and the inversion of the CPL signs was addressed by analysis of the transition electronic dipole moments (TEDM) and transition magnetic dipole moments (TMDM) based on the TD-DFT calculations.
Figure 8 is modified.