These are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information. For more information, please see our FAQs.
1,2-Dicarbonyl Radicals with Exceptional Physiological and Chemical Stability
preprintsubmitted on 29.07.2020, 07:33 and posted on 29.07.2020, 12:12 by Youngsuk Kim, Jung Eun Byeon, Gu Yoon Jeong, Seoung Su Kim, Hayoung Song, Eunsung Lee
The present manuscript describes the design, synthesis, and characterization of the most stable organic radical reported up to date.
Here we report:
▪ Synthesis and full characterization including X-ray structure of stable 1,2-dicarbonyl radicals
▪ Proposed mechanism for the formation of the presented radicals
▪ Redox reactivity of the radicals
▪ Stability of the radicals under various organic and inorganic conditions
▪ Demonstration of the radicals as potential organic radical contrast agent candidate